|TERMS AND CONDITIONS BED AND BREAKFAST AMSTERDAM HOLY DOVE|
We wish you welcome in Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam Holy Dove (further mentioned as BBAHD) and kindly request you to read below mentioned terms and conditions.
- Joyce Sandburg-Lall is owner and director of BBAHD. The owner can replace herself by another family member;
- These Terms & Conditions are applicable to all users of BBAHD located on Hendrik Dienskestraat 2 in Amsterdam;
- By booking/reserving a stay in our Bed & Breakfast these terms become applicable;
- A sample of these terms can be given on request to users;
- Guests are to have an existing living/home address;
- The manager is not liable for any damage, loss or theft of user’s properties;
- In case of litigation, all (legal) costs are for account of the user(s);
- All risks with relation to a stay in BBAHD are for account of the user(s);
- Damages and missing of movable and immovable properties of the owner are to be reported immediately and compensated to the owner;
- Guests are to follow the instructions made by the owner;
- The manager is allowed to, in case of infringement upon these terms and improper behaviour, refuse entrance to BBAHD, without further notice and reasons and without refund of accommodation costs;
- The manager’s administration is determined in case of mutual disagreement between the users unless he/she can prove the opposite.
Guests of BBAHD should adhere to the following regulations:
- Reservation and confirmation
- The rental agreement can be done oral, by phone, in written or per E-mail;
- Upon receipt of your reservation request BBAHD sends a confirmation (if space is available). By doing so the reservation is final;
- The manager is allowed to request a down-payment for a reservation;
- For reservation confirmations we refer to these terms;
- No extra charges will be made in case of a reservation at BBAHD.
- The accommodation costs in BBAHD are to be paid by bank upon arrival or, when through a booking agency like Booking.com, by other payments as available at the agency. The owner may, in consultation with the user, differ of this condition;
- In case of non-payment invoices will be handed over and eventual discounts will expire;
- In case of longer stay, payments are to be made up front per month;
- Stay is possible from one single night up to a maximum of 335 (consecutive) nights;
- The prices can be found online.
- If you are not able to fulfil the payment, you are to inform us as soon as possible;
- In case of cancellation, you are to pay the manager a compensation, which is as follows:
- 1 month or more before commencing date, 100% of the agreed price unless it is a non-refundable booking with an extra discount;
- Less than 1 month before commencing date, no compensation;
- Otherwise, if the Terms and Conditions of the booking site are different to ours.
The compensation will either be (partly) deducted from the down-payment in case of payment through PayPal or is due to transfer on the following bank account number: NL36RABO0190416033 o.b.o. JK Sandburg-Lall, Hendrik Dienskestraat 2, 1063AP AMSTERDAM, email@example.com, +31 20 785 0988 and +31 6 1651 9814 or directly on the booking site. The BIC code of the bank account is RABONL2U.
- Force Majeure
BBAHD is not liable for failure to perform its obligations due to force majeure. Examples of Force majeure are, disease of personnel which makes reasonable management impossible, war, riot, flood, acts of war, terrorism, fire, flood and / or government action(s). BBAHD is not obliged to pay any compensation.
- Departure and arrival
- Upon arrival, you must first report your arrival to the owner and you will be asked to show your ID and and credit card and, if applicable, fill out and sign the registration form;
- On the day of arrival you can use the room after 15.00 hours;
- On the day of departure your room has to be free at 11.00 hours;
- The above mentioned times may only differ after consultation with the manager;
- Restitution will not take place in case of earlier departure.
- Breakfast is served if you let us know when booking. The price of this can be found on the website of BBAHD or on the website of the booking agency;
- Breakfast is served to your room on mutually agreed time.
- Your stay
- Noise, particularly between 22.00 and 07.00 hours and all Sunday, should be avoided;
- Audiovisual equipments should not be of any annoyance to others;
- Use of BBAHD by third parties is not allowed;
- Visitors without authorization from the administrator are not to stay without extra charge in BBAHD;
- The sleeping room, bathroom and other used spaces should be kept clean and tidy during stay and upon departure;
- Waste should be deposited to the dustbin(s);
- Immediately notify the administrator in case of presence of suspicious persons;
- Pets are not allowed in BBAHD;
- One guest (for each booking) must sign for these Terms and Conditions at the arrival;
- (Motor)bikes will be parked in or against the barn in the back yard, not in the front yard;
- A fire extinguisher is available in the hallway. In case of fire or smoke immediately warn the manager;
- Smoking is prohibited at the whole address of BBAHD, so also not on the balcony, the terrace and the front yard;
- The possession of partly burned cigarettes combined with a smell of smoke is to be considered as having smoked at the property;
- Drunkenness and/or having and/or being under the influence of hard/softdrugs and/or causing the smell of drugs in the room/B&B is not allowed;
- The keys of the room(s) and the house will be returned to the owner when you leave.
- Fines/extra invoices
- When found out that the non smoking rule(s) has/have been violated, all the people of the group for who the booking (of the room(s) where smoke was detected) was made will be removed immediately without refund of the payments that have already been done. We don’t try to find out which person did smoke.
If there is a group of 3 or 4 people all the members will be removed, also when in just one room smoke is detected. The guests are kept each other responsible for their behaviour, so there is a collective responsibility. So when just one person violates this rule, (s)he ruins the stay for the whole group. When we find out this rule(s) has/have been violated an extra invoice of € 500.- + the highest Dutch VAT will be given and has to be paid immediately;
- Violation of the rule about drunkenness and/or having and/or being under the influence of hard/soft drugs and/or creating the smell of hard/soft drugs leads to immediate removal of the person(s) for who the room has been booked without any refund. If there is a group of 3 or 4 people spread over 2 rooms, all the members will be removed, also when in just one room drugs are detected. The guests are kept each other responsible for their behaviour, so there is a collective responsibility. So when just one person violates this rule, (s)he ruins the stay for the whole group. An extra invoice will be added of € 500.- + the highest Dutch VAT. This invoice has to be paid immediately;
- If the keys are not all returned, we will charge € 200.- + the highest Dutch VAT to replace all the locks and keys of the house and room(s);
- Washing clothes in the bathroom and hanging these in the B&B room is not allowed, because of the danger of damaging the carpet. If found out we will charge € 250.- + 21% VAT;
- Ironing in the B&B room is not allowed. Guests can ask to use the ironing board downstairs. Damage because of burn spots will be charged and will be at least
€ 50.- + 21% VAT;
- If there is a combination of these violation, the invoices will be added together;
- For this reason your credit card information will be requested and a pre-authorisation will be made for the period of your stay in our B&B + 1 day.
- Upon receipt of the rented bicycle, you must check it immediately and inform BBAHD of any damage or defective parts;
- You agree to ensure that no physical changes are made to the bicycle;
- You must return the bicycle at the end of the agreed rental period;
- You accept full responsibility and liability for any damage to and/or theft of the rented bicycle or accessories;
- You accept full responsibility for repair or replacement costs incurred during the rental period;
- BBAHD accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any personal injury to you or to others, or damage to your possessions, or those of others, direct or indirect, by the bicycle, or the use thereof, howsoever caused, until the bicycle has been returned to BBAHD;
- If the bicycle breaks down, you are liable for any costs incurred to transport it back to BBAHD, as well as any repair costs, unless it is evident that BBAHD has been negligent;
- Any misuse of the bicycle is strictly forbidden. Failure to observe our terms and conditions may result in the bicycle being recalled with a loss of your deposit;
- The bicycle remains the property of BBAHD at all times and must be returned immediately at the request of an authorised BBAHD representative.
- One day is considered to be 24 hours;
- Please remember to bring a copy of your contract with you upon returning the bike;
- If you experience any problems with your bicycle, please visit our pickup location. BBAHD does not reimburse any repairs performed by other companies;
- Payment for the rental period is only due upon returning the bicycle or upon handing over the loss/theft report of the bike from the police;
- The amount due in case of damages is related to the costs involved in repairing it.
For more information please reference the damages sheet.
- You must lock the bicycle as instructed. Each bicycle is equipped with two locks;
- Never leave the bicycle unattended, unless properly locked;
- Our staff will demonstrate proper use of the locks for the bicycle;
- If a bicycle is lost or stolen, you must report the loss to the police and obtain a copy of the report. If not you pay € 50.00 so we do that for you;
- In that case you will pay for a regular rental bicycle € 150.00 including locks and it will be charged by Booking.com or in cash. The deposit for tandem bicycles is € 200.00;
- If you cannot give back the key of the bicycle, you will have to pay € 50.00 to replace the locks;
- If the stolen/missing bicycle is retrieved, we can refund the amount you have paid, less any retrieval costs.
We wish you a pleasant stay in our Bed & Breakfast.
Signed in Amsterdam, January 29, 2019